This page describes how to install and configure Psychtoolbox in Matlab. It also describes how to configure the sound card for low latency, precision use and how to configure IO. More generalized information on this process from Scheiber is at this link. (validated 12/2014)
1. Download and install Psychtoolbox by following these instructions. Note that if installing on a 32-bit matlab you will need to specify a compatible PTB flavor in the matlab command as well as the path, e.g.: >> DownloadPsychtoolbox('C:\toolbox','Psychtoolbox-3.0.11').
2. Install drivers and configure fast IO.
For 32bit Matlab on 64bit Windows 7: Copy inpout32a.dll to the C:\windows\sysWOW64 directory
For 32bit Matlab on 32bit Windows 7: Copy inpout32.dll to the C:\windows\system32 directory
3. Copy custom Curtin lab PTB functions to local computer.
FOR CURTIN LAB PC DATA COLLECTION ONLY: Checkout the library via SVN this URL: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/curtinlibrary/code/trunk to access custom Curtin lab PTB functions on your local computer. Check and make sure these four files are included in your local PTB folder:
For other machines, copy the contents of the above library to your study programs folder, for example: C:\Local\CurtinLab\LocalKaye1\Kaye1_Programs.
4. Indicate base address for IO card. See instructions on this page: Create IOConfig.dat File
5. Conduct preliminary timing test. If this is a Windows OS installation, type GetSecsTest at the Matlab command prompt to conduct a preliminary timing integrity test. For more information on this test, type help GetSecsTest at the Matlab command prompt and/or read the old Psychtoolbox Wiki entry.
6. Fix DAQ error. Open C:\Program Files\Matlab\R2012a\toolbox\daq\daq\private\mwmcc.ini
Search for PCIe and delete one of the double brackets. This is a bug and hopefully will be fixed in subsequent release by Matlab
Page created by JJC, 2010-04-21]